January passed simultaneously like a blip on the radar and a multi-generational saga. Is that even possible? Lots of snow and ice that we appreciated both indoors and out.
I read 9 books in January and 1 so far in February. Challenge progress: 9/50 for Popsugar and 3/24 for Read Harder.
- Elizabeth Kolbert, The Sixth Extinction
- Dianne Freeman, A Lady’s Guide to Etiquette and Murder
- Mary Roach, Stiff: The Curious Lives of Human Cadavers
- Olivia Waite, The Lady’s Guide to Celestial Mechanics
- Célestine Hitiura Vaite, Breadfruit
- Caitlin Starling, The Luminous Dead
- Donnie Eichar, Dead Mountain: The Untold True Story of the Dyatlov Pass Incident
- Lyssa Kay Adams, The Bromance Book Club
- Wab Kinew and Joe Morse, Go Show the World: A Celebration of Indigenous Heroes
Last year I started strong in January with 7 books but spent most of my spare time in February and March playing Horizon: Zero Dawn, to the detriment of reading. Ideally this year I’d like to keep January’s book momentum going into the next few months.
ALL THE REST
- Our almost-5-year-old is obsessed with Super Mario Party and her enthusiasm is contagious. Teaching her the controls has brought back lots of fond memories of playing video games with my dad. We’ve even managed to convince him to play a few times!
- Husband and I used part of date night sans kids to watch half of The Witcher season 1. Otherwise didn’t watch much television this month.
- Struggling to find a good work-life balance with a toddler whose sleep schedule reminds one that sleep deprevation is a legitimate torture tactic. Oh, and turn your back for two seconds? He’s either climbed or destroyed something. Love him madly but I can’t remember what it’s like to feel rested or to focus on one thing at a time.
The plan for February is to finish any placeholder pages on the blog and continue to post regularly. With that in mind:
- Launch new 101 in 1001 list
- Finish page for 2020 reading challenges
- Answer at least 2 out of 4 weeks’ prompts for Top Ten Tuesday and 5 Fandom Friday
- Post 2 (or more) book reviews
How was your January? What are your plans for February?
[…] stated in my January review, I read 4 books last February because Horizon: Zero Dawn took over my life, so I’m pleased […]