February flew by, unlike January, and just like that it’s time to post the month in review… typing as well as I can with a sick kindergartener sprawled across my lap and paperclips shoved into the spaces of my keyboard (courtesy of the Toddler Terror).
I read 9 books in February. Challenge progress: 16/50 for Popsugar and 8/24 for Read Harder.
- Dianne Freeman, A Lady’s Guide to Gossip and Murder
- Amber Dawn, Sodom Road Exit
- Carmen Maria Machado, Her Body and Other Parties
- Joshua Whitehead, Jonny Appleseed
- Kim Phuc Phan Thi, Fire Road: A Memoir of Hope
- Gail Carriger, Romancing the Inventor
- Casey McQuiston, Red, White & Royal Blue
- Mackenzi Lee, The Gentleman’s Guide to Vice and Virtue
- George Takei, Justin Eisinger, Steven Scott, and Harmony Beckett, They Called Us Enemy
As stated in my January review, I read 4 books last February because Horizon: Zero Dawn took over my life, so I’m pleased with this month’s progress and hope to carry this momentum into March!
An amusing side-note: a not-inconsiderable number of my books this year have followed the “Lady’s/Gentleman’s Guide to…” title convention. 4 read so far and 3 added to the TBR this month, though the latter 3 are all from the same series by Mackenzi Lee so the title similarity is less surprising.
ALL THE REST
- Despite the cold we managed to spend a fair amount of time outside this month, including several skating and tobogganing days and a ski/snowboard trip with friends on the 29th.
- Also joined the gym to get into better shape for two upcoming weddings. Regular exercise (and having my sister as an accountability buddy) have made a huge difference in my energy levels and mood.
- Which is good because it’s tax prep season and 2019’s taxes are particularly demoralising and difficult to wrangle, between splitting the year as a sole proprietorship to a corporation and a toddler who goes full ham the second I sit down in the office. It’s going. Not as fast as I’d like but still going.
FEBRUARY GOALS RESULTS
o Launch new 101 in 1001 list
Made solid progress but not quite finished. Carrying this one over to March.
Finish page for 2020 reading challenges
Done! Both are here and up-to-date.
x Answer at least 2 out of 4 weeks’ prompts for 5 Fandom Friday
Drafted 2, finished 0. Taking these prompts off the blog plan for now as I’m not terribly into Disney or MCU (the focus for March and April’s prompts).
x Post 2 (or more) book reviews
I made a few notes on my phone while reading? Wrote down/took screenshots of noteworthy quotes? That’s about it. Rolling this goal over for March.
A mixed bag of bookish and other goals this month:
- Finish and launch new 101 in 1001 list
- Post final results from previous 101 in 1001 list
- Answer at least 2 out of 5 weeks’ prompts for Top Ten Tuesday
- Post 2 (or more) book reviews
- Gym at least 3 times per week
- Send tax docs off to the accountant
- Read a chapter book with Olivia
- Layout plan for the garden and purchase seeds
How was your February? What are your plans for March?