So I’ve had this post written for a while but never got around to posting it… backdating it to the relevant month, haha.
I read 6 books in December, for a final total of 70 books in 2020 – numerically, my second best year since I started keeping track in 2006!
- Mary Robinette Kowal, The Calculating Stars
- Guy Vanderhaeghe, The Last Crossing
- Alice Munro, Lives of Girls and Women
- C.L. Polk, Witchmark
- T.J. Klune, The House in the Cerulean Sea
- K.J. Charles, Band Sinister
I have mixed success with TBRs, but I’m finding that a to-do list with enough flexibility to allow for unpredictable library holds and mood reads works for me. Here’s the plan for January:
- Fence Volume 1, C.S. Pacat, Johanna the Mad, Joana LaFuente
- How the King of Elfhame Learned to Hate Stories, Holly Black
- The Adventure Zone: Petals to the Metal, Carey Pietsch + McElroy fam
- Unravel the Dusk, Elizabeth Lim
- Iron Heart, Nina Varela
- I’ll Be the One, Lyla Lee
- 100 pages of The Count of Monte Cristo, my big Classics Club book for 2021
DECEMBER GOAL RESULTS
✔ Finish 2020’s Popsugar Reading Challenge
50/50 prompts completed! Proud of myself for sticking this one out.
✔ Participate in a December photo challenge on Bookstagram
Posted a few photos for #jollybooksmas – header photo related.
✔ Answer at least 2 prompts for Top Ten Tuesday
December 1st and 15th.
✔ Other blog posts: year end wrap-up/goals, 5-star reads of 2020, anticipated 2021 releases
Technically didn’t make any blog posts in December but whatever. I posted 2021 goals to the blog and a corresponding checklist to bookstagram. The Top Ten Tuesday post for January 5th lists my anticipated releases for the first half of 2021. I made a few graphics for bookstagram stories to showcase 5-star reads (viewable under “2020 highlights”).
- Answer at least 2 out of 4 weeks’ prompts for Top Ten Tuesday
- Finish page for 2021 reading challenges
- Finish Financial Planning & Management e-course