It’s February 3rd and I still haven’t written a year-end post… Not the blog energy I wanted to bring into the new year. If you’re curious, I posted several bookstagram stories (saved to highlights) to wrap up 2020: 5-star reads are under “2020 highlights”.
I read 11 books in January: 9 novels and 2 graphic novels. Finished 5 books from my January TBR (pictured in the header), started Unravel the Dusk, but have yet to crack open The Count of Monte Cristo.
- How the King of Elfhame Learned to Hate Stories, Holly Black
- I’ll Be the One, Lyla Lee
- The Poet X, Elizabeth Acevedo
- Fence Volume 1, C.S. Pacat, Johanna the Mad, Joana LaFuente
- The Twisted Ones, T. Kingfisher
- In Other Lands, Sarah Rees Brennan
- Bonds of Brass, Emily Skrutskie
- Iron Heart, Nina Varela
- From Blood and Ash, Jennifer L. Armentrout
- The Unbroken, C.L. Clark *
- The Adventure Zone: Petals to the Metal, Carey Pietsch + McElroy fam
- A Dark and Hollow Star, Ashley Shuttleworth *
- The Conductors, Nicole Glover *
- Perfect on Paper, Sophie Gonzales *
- The Lost Village, Camilla Sten *
- I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- A Raisin in the Sun, Lorraine Hansberry
- You Should See Me In A Crown, Leah Johnson
- Winter’s Orbit, Everina Maxwell
- If We Were Villains, M.L. Rio
- The Tree and the Vine, Dola de Jong
- At least 100 pages of The Count of Monte Cristo
Top priority: ARCs with February and March publishing dates (marked with *)! Next are books by black female authors in honour of Black History Month; there are more I’d like to read, time (and library hold lists) willing, but these ones I own and can easily access. Finally, I’ll be participating in Astrolathon, an instagram readathon that runs from February 12th-26th!
ALL THE REST
- Changed the dosage of my anxiety medication (with doctor’s approval ofc) mid-January. I’m beginning to feel the benefits, but those first couple of weeks always wreak havoc on my ability to focus.
- …so if you noticed that a couple of backposts went up today, that’s why. They’ve been in drafts since early January and I didn’t have the brain power to finish them until now.
- Took down the 101 in 1001 list for the time being. Entire sections of the list are no longer a priority in light of the pandemic.
JANUARY GOAL RESULTS
o Answer at least 2 out of 4 weeks’ prompts for Top Ten Tuesday
Posted January 5th. Drafted January 26th but didn’t finish it in time.
✔ Finish page for 2021 reading challenges
Finished for the most part. I’ll continue to update the graphics throughout the year.
x Finish Financial Planning & Management e-course
Big fat no. Carrying this over as a top priority for February.
- Write and share reviews for ARCs with February/March publishing dates
- Update the heading font for blog posts
- Edit sidebar categories: replace 101 in 1001, 5 Fandom Friday
- Replace profile photo with something less Christmas-y
- Answer at least 2 out of 4 weeks’ prompts for Top Ten Tuesday
- Finish Financial Planning & Management e-course