This will be my first Classics Club Spin! For more details see this post, but in summary: a number between 1 and 20 will be drawn this Sunday, and participants have until May 31st to finish the corresponding unread book from their own numbered list.
Seeing as I have a lot of unread books to tackle, this list is narrowed down based on books that I owned in physical copy prior to starting the Classics Club challenge in December. This way I know I can start immediately and not fuss around with library loans. My full list is here for reference.
- I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- The Hobbit, J.R.R. Tolkien
- The Stone Angel, Margaret Laurence
- Nineteen Eighty-Four, George Orwell
- To the Lighthouse, Virginia Woolf
- The Heart is a Lonely Hunter, Carson McCullers
- Madame Bovary, Gustave Flaubert
- Roxana, Daniel Defoe
- The Italian, Ann Radcliffe
- Things Fall Apart, Chinua Achebe
- Pale Fire, Vladimir Nabokov
- Player Piano, Kurt Vonnegut Jr.
- Invisible Man, Ralph Ellison
- Native Son, Richard Wright
- Dracula, Bram Stoker
- The Good Earth, Pearl S. Buck
- The Haunting of Hill House, Shirley Jackson
- The Tree and the Vine, Dola de Jong
- The Chronicles of Narnia (Omnibus), C.S. Lewis
- The Studhorse Man, Robert Kroetsch
Do our lists have any books in common? How did you narrow down your picks?