This will be my first Classics Club Spin! For more details see this post, but in summary: a number between 1 and 20 will be drawn this Sunday, and participants have until May 31st to finish the corresponding unread book from their own numbered list.
Seeing as I have a lot of unread books to tackle, this list is narrowed down based on books that I owned in physical copy prior to starting the Classics Club challenge in December. This way I know I can start immediately and not fuss around with library loans. My full list is here for reference.
- I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- The Hobbit, J.R.R. Tolkien
- The Stone Angel, Margaret Laurence
- Nineteen Eighty-Four, George Orwell
- To the Lighthouse, Virginia Woolf
- The Heart is a Lonely Hunter, Carson McCullers
- Madame Bovary, Gustave Flaubert
- Roxana, Daniel Defoe
- The Italian, Ann Radcliffe
- Things Fall Apart, Chinua Achebe
- Pale Fire, Vladimir Nabokov
- Player Piano, Kurt Vonnegut Jr.
- Invisible Man, Ralph Ellison
- Native Son, Richard Wright
- Dracula, Bram Stoker
- The Good Earth, Pearl S. Buck
- The Haunting of Hill House, Shirley Jackson
- The Tree and the Vine, Dola de Jong
- The Chronicles of Narnia (Omnibus), C.S. Lewis
- The Studhorse Man, Robert Kroetsch
Do our lists have any books in common? How did you narrow down your picks?
I’m afraid we don’t have any books in common on our lists, although I am a big fan of The Hobbit, Dracula, The Haunting of Hill House, and The Chronicles of Narnia. Good luck and I hope you will enjoy your first Spin! 🤞🙂
Nothing in common this time, some great choices though. I read Dracula last year for the first time, very good. Enjoy!
[…] publishing dates in mid-May, then a big break (July) before the next one. Pale Fire is my book for CC Spin #26. I have tentative plans for what to read beyond this but these three are the […]